Last week, the South Carolina House passed H.3101, the Healthcare Freedom Act, which basically says that South Carolina finds the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” to be null and void, and declares that South Carolina will not participate in the looming implementation. This was a brave step by the House, and one that was absolutely necessary to protect the freedom of South Carolinians and the quality of health care that we currently enjoy.
However, this success was short-lived, as the bill has been placed by the SC Senate in the “Finance Committee,” where they hope it will be forgotten, languish, and die – much like the patients of a future government-controlled healthcare system. We’re not sure as to why this has happened – it seems like the Republican-controlled Senate would be anxious to pass this bill that overwhelmingly passed the Republican-controlled House, and that Republican Governor Haley has already said she would sign – but nonetheless the bill is in danger. Moreover, similar legislation has already been signed into law in North Dakota, and is on the move in at least 10 other states.
The PPACA is falling apart in the court of public opinion, and even Democratic congressmen are abandoning it as the realities of its deadly consequences are becoming known. We have a chance, right here in South Carolina, to deal a knockout blow to the legislation. If we successfully nullify, the law may very well disintegrate and fade away as nothing but a bad memory, similarly to the Real ID act. Please, get on the phone, get on facebook, get on twitter, and let your Senators know this week that you will not accept their failure to act on this most important matter.
1. CALL the Senate Committee Chair on Finance. Very politely request that he schedule H3101 for a hearing and vote. Encourage him to vote YES on H3101 as well.
Senator Leatherman (803) 212-6640
2. CALL all the members of the Finance Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, encourage each member to vote YES on H3101
Harvey Peeler Jr. (803) 212-6430
John Courson (803) 256-7853
William O’Dell (803) 252-0845
Robert Hayes (803) 212-6240
Larry Grooms (803) 212-6400
Michael Fair (803) 212-6420
Ronnie Cromer (803) 212-6330
Darrell Jackson (803) 212-6048
Raymond Cleary (803) 212-6040
Kent Williams (803) 212-6000
Tom Davis (803) 212-6008
Nikki Setzler (803) 212-6140
Yancey McGill (803) 212-6132
John Matthews Jr. (803) 212-6056
Glenn Reese (803) 212-6108
Thomas Alexander (803) 212-6220
Clementa Pinckney (803) 212-6148
Danny Verdin (803) 212-6230
Kevin Bryant (803) 212-6320
Robert Ford (803) 798-9220
Joel Lourie (803) 212-6116
Paul Campbell Jr. (803) 212-6016
3. Contact your own State Senator. Strongly request that your own state senator co-sponsor and support H3101
contact info here:
4. Join the Nullify Obamacare Group for South Carolina on Facebook. Get involved, let others know what kind of responses you get, plan strategy and more. The South Carolina Tenth Amendment Center Facebook Page here.
5. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.